DASC SWIMMING UPDATES
Wear Valley ASC have unfortunately cancelled their gala on 12&13 November. We will arrange entry fee refunds soon.
Land training for Top1 squad at EV next Friday 28 October is cancelled. Swimming training is on as usual.
October Half-Term School Holiday Training - continue as usual.
Haughton Pool closed at short notice today - Thursday 20 Oct. No training for Top1 squad. Assume it is open tomorrow unless you hear otherwise.
Longfield Pool closed at short notice on:
- Thursday 20 Oct - A2 squad session cancelled
- Friday 21 Oct - A3 squad session cancelled
Assume training will be back on at Longfield on Monday 24 Oct unless you hear otherwise.
We aim to hold the final club gala of 2016 on Tuesday 29 November. Details to follow
DASC Swim Shop will be open on the following Tuesdays on the poolside at the Dolphin Centre 5.30-7.00pm:
- 8 Nov
- 22 Nov
- 29 Nov (during Club Gala 4, last date for any orders for Christmas)
- 13 Dec (only date in December)
DASC swimmers are invited to enter for the following galas:
- Derwentside Christmas Cracker Meet, Stanley, 3&4 December - Top1, A1, A2 & A3
- Scottish National Short Course Championships, 9-11 December, Edinburgh - qualifiers from Top1 squad only.
- Scarborough SC A&B Graded Meet, Scarborough, 16-18 Jun 2017 - all squads, B2 and B3 squads at coach discretion - coach signature required on entry form.
See Forthcoming Galas page for more information
Complete Results from Darlington Dander October Meet 2016
Thank you very much to the many who helped in any way with the Darlington Dander 2016. See Dander Meet page for an idea of who was involved.
The official event photographer, Amanda Noel will shortly upload the photos she took at the Dander Meet.
See the online gallery.
The website address of the gallery is https://amandanoelphotography1.shootproof.com. Please note it does not start www.
Amanda can be contacted at email@example.com
See the Dander Meet programme for the password required or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Changes to the Training Programme to start from Mon 10 Oct.
Club Gala 3 Results
Thank you to all who helped in any way at the gala last night.
Remember to record the times you swim in every gala and keep a record of your PB times for every event. If you haven't started doing this yet, now is the time.
Gala Entries are invited from various squads for the following 5 galas:
- Middlesbrough Hallowe'en Meet Level 2 21-23 Oct
- Chester-le-Street Junior Meet 28-30 Oct
- Wear Valley Guy Fawkes Meet 12&13 Oct
- Tynemouth Winter Gala 18-20 Nov
- Rotherham Metro AB Graded Meet 21&22 Jan - early closing date.
Christian Brown has competed at the World ITU U20 Sprint Triathlon in Mexico. See Swimming News page.
The Diddy League training rota has been revised to be by squad rather than by DL age. See Diddy League page
NER Short Course Championships for Seniors, Juniors and Age Group swimmers will be held on 5&6 November 2016 at Sunderland. The external closing date is 21 October; the DASC closing date will be slightly earlier.
Event Information and Qualifying Times
See Swimming News page for report on Alice Day competing in the recent Welsh Open Summer Meet.